Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Wed February 26, 2014
Record Bonuses For Alaska Airlines Employees
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air employees received an annual bonus Wednesday totaling $84 million.
Seattle-based Alaska Air Group says the incentive pay amounts to about 9 percent of annual pay or five weeks' pay for most workers.
More than $51 million goes to 6,400 Alaska and Horizon employees in the Puget Sound area. Another $11 million goes to about 2,000 employees in the Portland area. And $8 million goes to 1,700 employees in the state of Alaska. The rest goes to airline workers at other locations.
The annual bonus is in addition to monthly bonuses last year that totaled about $21 million. The combined $105 million is the highest in company history.
Bonuses are paid for meeting goals for on-time arrivals, customer satisfaction, safety, cost controls and profits.