Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 17, 2011
Protesters gather at Boeing vs. NLRB hearing
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. – About two dozen protesters have gathered in North Charleston as a congressional committee opens a hearing on the National Labor Relations Board complaint against Boeing.
The U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform is convening here Friday to discuss the complaint.
Outside the chamber, Charleston docks worker Georgette Carr said the state needs good jobs but that companies shouldn't be allowed to break federal labor laws in creating them.