Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 17, 2011
Protesters gather at Boeing vs. NLRB hearing
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. – About two dozen protesters have gathered in North Charleston as a congressional committee opens a hearing on the National Labor Relations Board complaint against Boeing.
The U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform is convening here Friday to discuss the complaint.
Outside the chamber, Charleston docks worker Georgette Carr said the state needs good jobs but that companies shouldn't be allowed to break federal labor laws in creating them.