Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu May 31, 2012
Preview: Young hitters shine for the Mariners, but is it enough?
The Mariners routed the Texas Rangers last night 21-8. Justin Smoak hit two three-run homers against his former team and the Mariners had two eight-run innings. Jesus Montero homered among his three hits and drove in four runs. And Kyle Seager had four hits and two RBIs.
It was their second win in a row against the AL West-leading Rangers. And you can certainly say the Mariners have been "streaky" lately.
The team has fluctuated this season between extreme highs and extreme lows. KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says the young hitters have been impressive but the older players are holding the team back.
Find out more of what Art has to say tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here for a blog of our conversation.