Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Preview: Young hitters shine for the Mariners, but is it enough?
The Mariners routed the Texas Rangers last night 21-8. Justin Smoak hit two three-run homers against his former team and the Mariners had two eight-run innings. Jesus Montero homered among his three hits and drove in four runs. And Kyle Seager had four hits and two RBIs.
It was their second win in a row against the AL West-leading Rangers. And you can certainly say the Mariners have been "streaky" lately.
The team has fluctuated this season between extreme highs and extreme lows. KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says the young hitters have been impressive but the older players are holding the team back.
Find out more of what Art has to say tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here for a blog of our conversation.