Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu July 21, 2011
Preview: Ichiro or Felix could go? Say it isn't so!
With Major League Baseball's trade deadline looming at the end of the month, and given the Mariners recent plummet from contention, KPLU sports commentator says the M's need to make some big moves.
That means getting rid of some veterans like Ichiro Suzuki and Felix Hernandez ... and their big salaries.
Adding urgency to this move, the Mariners got swept today by the Blue Jays in Toronto, losing 7-to-5. They're losing streak now stands at 12.
Art says if Suzuki asks to be traded, the Mariners should honor that request. And with Hernandez pitching close to the top of his game, Art thinks the M's could get some good players for him.
Find out more about the drastic moves Art says the Mariners need to make in his commentary tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. And check back here tomorrow for a blog of our conversation.