Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu July 21, 2011
Preview: Ichiro or Felix could go? Say it isn't so!
With Major League Baseball's trade deadline looming at the end of the month, and given the Mariners recent plummet from contention, KPLU sports commentator says the M's need to make some big moves.
That means getting rid of some veterans like Ichiro Suzuki and Felix Hernandez ... and their big salaries.
Adding urgency to this move, the Mariners got swept today by the Blue Jays in Toronto, losing 7-to-5. They're losing streak now stands at 12.
Art says if Suzuki asks to be traded, the Mariners should honor that request. And with Hernandez pitching close to the top of his game, Art thinks the M's could get some good players for him.
Find out more about the drastic moves Art says the Mariners need to make in his commentary tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. And check back here tomorrow for a blog of our conversation.