Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Little-Known Medical Marijuana Loophole Allows Teens To Get Lots of Pot
- Deaf Student Claims Medical School In Yakima Denied Him Access
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 3, 2012
President Obama Takes To Twitter To Answer Questions On Fiscal Cliff
Originally published on Mon December 3, 2012 2:39 pm
During the presidential campaign, President Obama said that one of things he would do more of during his second term is engage the American people. One attempt at such a thing came on Wednesday, when the White House announced the #My2K Twitter hashtag that they hoped Americans would use to continue debating the "fiscal cliff."
Today, the White House took it a step further: President Obama signed on to Twitter to answer questions about the large spending cuts and tax increases scheduled to take effect January 1.
The questions ranged in topic from mortgage interest rate deductions to college tuition. The chat is now over but we've collected some highlights: