Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed February 8, 2012
Powell family blames government, bias, media for murder-suicide
An uncle and aunt of Josh Powell issued a statement saying there's no justification for the loss of his children, but Maurice and Patti Leach feel "this family tragedy was set into motion from the beginning due in part to the various questionable government agencies' practices, religious bias, the Internet kangaroo courts, and sensationalized news media."
The Leaches say they had agreed to offer a "safe haven" for the two boys and that they had urged Josh Powell to present facts — no matter how disturbing — at the child custody hearing.
In the statement released Tuesday, they said they were left disillusioned with the legal system and feel government practices, religious bias, the Internet and news media circumvented due process.