Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle Scientists Find Brain Area Linked To Motivation To Exercise
- 'The Easiest, Most Delicious Thing To Do With Corn' That Nancy Leson Has Ever Tasted
- 2 Recipes To Turn The Season's Cucumbers Into Crisp, Appetizing Pickles
- Wash. Attorney General: If You Like Legal Marijuana, Support Local Pot Bans
- Is it time to rename Mount Rainier to its former native name?
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 13, 2011
Pierce County burn ban elevated to stage two
Air quality is worsening in Pierce County.
The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency has raised the burn ban in Pierce County to Stage 2. No burning is allowed in ANY wood-burning fireplaces, wood stoves, fireplace inserts (certified or uncertified) or pellet stoves. The only exception is if a wood stove is a home's only adequate source of heat.
A Stage 1 burn ban remains in effect for Snohomish County. No burning is allowed in fireplaces or uncertified wood stoves.
Outdoor fires are prohibited under both Stage 1 and 2 burn bans.
More information on burn bans is available at pscleanair.org.