Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 13, 2011
Pierce County burn ban elevated to stage two
Air quality is worsening in Pierce County.
The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency has raised the burn ban in Pierce County to Stage 2. No burning is allowed in ANY wood-burning fireplaces, wood stoves, fireplace inserts (certified or uncertified) or pellet stoves. The only exception is if a wood stove is a home's only adequate source of heat.
A Stage 1 burn ban remains in effect for Snohomish County. No burning is allowed in fireplaces or uncertified wood stoves.
Outdoor fires are prohibited under both Stage 1 and 2 burn bans.
More information on burn bans is available at pscleanair.org.