Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 13, 2011
Pierce County burn ban elevated to stage two
Air quality is worsening in Pierce County.
The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency has raised the burn ban in Pierce County to Stage 2. No burning is allowed in ANY wood-burning fireplaces, wood stoves, fireplace inserts (certified or uncertified) or pellet stoves. The only exception is if a wood stove is a home's only adequate source of heat.
A Stage 1 burn ban remains in effect for Snohomish County. No burning is allowed in fireplaces or uncertified wood stoves.
Outdoor fires are prohibited under both Stage 1 and 2 burn bans.
More information on burn bans is available at pscleanair.org.