Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Mon September 17, 2012
Oregon State Sen. Frank Morse To Resign
Originally published on Fri September 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Long-time Oregon state Senator Frank Morse says will resign his seat. In an emotional speech on the floor of the state Senate Friday, Morse said he no longer has the energy for what he called a “marathon with no finish line.” Morse urged his colleagues to stabilize funding for Oregon schools and social services.
“Friends, solve this fiscal instability problem. It’s destroying our state. It’s destroying our schools.”
Morse turns 69 this month. He’s a moderate Republican known his support for higher education funding. Morse has represented Corvallis and Albany since 2002.
County commissioners from his district will name a Republican to serve out the two remaining years of Morse’s term.
Copyright 2012 Northwest News Network