Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Oregon State Sen. Frank Morse To Resign
Originally published on Fri September 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Long-time Oregon state Senator Frank Morse says will resign his seat. In an emotional speech on the floor of the state Senate Friday, Morse said he no longer has the energy for what he called a “marathon with no finish line.” Morse urged his colleagues to stabilize funding for Oregon schools and social services.
“Friends, solve this fiscal instability problem. It’s destroying our state. It’s destroying our schools.”
Morse turns 69 this month. He’s a moderate Republican known his support for higher education funding. Morse has represented Corvallis and Albany since 2002.
County commissioners from his district will name a Republican to serve out the two remaining years of Morse’s term.
Copyright 2012 Northwest News Network