Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue November 6, 2012
Obama, Romney sugar cookies sell briskly
People in Seattle City Hall live and breathe politics. For the past few months, they’ve also been able to eat politics. Obama and Romney sugar cookies have been selling well at the City Grind Espresso stand at Seattle City Hall, although owner Jon Streeter says there hasn't been quite the same hype as in 2008.
"They've been steady, and I think there are more places to get them, so I think overall they're probably selling as well, but for us they're not nearly the big deal they were four years ago," Streeter said.
Streeter says he’s sold a lot more Romney cookies than he did McCain cookies, though he doesn’t think that’s any indication of how his customers plan to vote.