Most Active Stories
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- Organic Milk More Nutritious than Regular Milk, WSU Study Finds
- The Life Of A First-Year Teacher, In Six Emotional Stages
- 5 Tips to Help You Look Better on Skype, FaceTime
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
News & Music Contributors
Thu June 6, 2013
NTSB clears I-5 Skagit River bridge accident scene
The Transportation Department says parts of a temporary Interstate 5 bridge could extend over the Skagit River in a day or two and the entire 160-foot gap should be filled by mid-June.
Spokesman Travis Phelps says it will take a little more time reopen freeway lanes that have been detoured since the May 23 bridge collapse, but it should happen before the last week of the month.
That still depends on bridge piers passing inspection and workers overcoming some engineering challenges.
impacts of bridge collapse