Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
NRA Accepts Biden's Invitation To Meet
Originally published on Tue January 8, 2013 12:04 pm
"We are sending a rep to hear what they have to say," National Rifle Association spokesman Andrew Arulanandam says of the organization's decision to accept an invitation from the task force Vice President Biden is leading — the group that's studying gun laws and related issues in the wake of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
"On Wednesday, Biden will meet with victims' groups and gun safety organizations, said White House spokesman Jay Carney.
"On Thursday, the vice president will sit down separately with advocates for sportsmen, women, and gun ownership groups — the latter including the NRA."
The NRA, you may recall, has made clear that it opposes any changes to gun laws if they would restrict Americans' ability to buy firearms or such things as the high-capacity ammunition clips.