Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed May 15, 2013
Now you Caesar salad bowl
I don't expect you to forgive me for that headline. To paraphrase Tammany Hall "Honest Grafter" George Washington Plunkitt, I saw my opportunity and I took it. But I digress. In this week's Food for Thought we come to praise Caesar salad.
Nancy Leson has some simple tips for making your own. Like mixing the dressing right in the bowl you're serving the salad in. And a suggestion for those wimps who won't eat anchovies. She also deploys a new verb "to mix," whispered to her by chefs from Planet Nancy. Take a guess before you listen for the answer.
We'd love to see your favorite salad bowls and Caesar wisdom below.
It seems to me the only thing you've learned is that Caesar is a "salad dressing dude."
–Mr. Ryan from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure