Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Notorious Hoquiam bin Loggin T-shirts sell out
HOQUIAM, Wash. — The owner of the company that's printing the "Osama Bin Loggin" T-shirt for the Loggers Playday festival in Hoquiam says people either love it or hate it.
Christian Burgess of Jacknut Apparel told KXRO the T-shirt with a graphic of a logger throwing Osama bin Laden in a river has been condemned as hateful by some on social networking sites. He also says orders for the shirts are coming in from all over the country. The $15 shirts benefit a scholarship fund.
Organizers say they got the idea because their Sept. 10 event is so close to the tenth anniversary of 9/11 and because bin Laden was killed by U.S. military forces in May.