Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed August 10, 2011
No one's immune from 'kitchen gizmo madness'
None of us are immune to the lure of the kitchen gizmo, even though I claimed otherwise in this week's Food for Thought.
Now, Leson claims she bought it so her son Nate could have healthful fresh fruit popsicles, but I suspect "kitchen gizmo madness."
I do have two items that could sort of be classified as gizmos, except I use them every single day. My (fabulous) Aeropress and the (scintillating) Soda Stream. I've mentioned these things in the past and this is a good time to do it again. I've had both for years now and wouldn't be without either.
And no, I don't get a single dime or anything free whatsoever from those companies. In fact I'm kind of hurt that you would even think such a thing – don't claim you didn't.
Got some wacko piece of technology that looked good when you bought it and now languishes in the basement? Tell all below.
Here's a kitchen gizmo that makes you wonder:
“Food for Thought” is a weekly KPLU feature covering the world of food as well as the thinking that goes into it. The feature is published here and airs on KPLU 88.5 every Wednesday during Morning Edition and All Things Considered.