Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed August 10, 2011
No one's immune from 'kitchen gizmo madness'
None of us are immune to the lure of the kitchen gizmo, even though I claimed otherwise in this week's Food for Thought.
Now, Leson claims she bought it so her son Nate could have healthful fresh fruit popsicles, but I suspect "kitchen gizmo madness."
I do have two items that could sort of be classified as gizmos, except I use them every single day. My (fabulous) Aeropress and the (scintillating) Soda Stream. I've mentioned these things in the past and this is a good time to do it again. I've had both for years now and wouldn't be without either.
And no, I don't get a single dime or anything free whatsoever from those companies. In fact I'm kind of hurt that you would even think such a thing – don't claim you didn't.
Got some wacko piece of technology that looked good when you bought it and now languishes in the basement? Tell all below.
Here's a kitchen gizmo that makes you wonder:
“Food for Thought” is a weekly KPLU feature covering the world of food as well as the thinking that goes into it. The feature is published here and airs on KPLU 88.5 every Wednesday during Morning Edition and All Things Considered.