Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed August 10, 2011
No one's immune from 'kitchen gizmo madness'
None of us are immune to the lure of the kitchen gizmo, even though I claimed otherwise in this week's Food for Thought.
Now, Leson claims she bought it so her son Nate could have healthful fresh fruit popsicles, but I suspect "kitchen gizmo madness."
I do have two items that could sort of be classified as gizmos, except I use them every single day. My (fabulous) Aeropress and the (scintillating) Soda Stream. I've mentioned these things in the past and this is a good time to do it again. I've had both for years now and wouldn't be without either.
And no, I don't get a single dime or anything free whatsoever from those companies. In fact I'm kind of hurt that you would even think such a thing – don't claim you didn't.
Got some wacko piece of technology that looked good when you bought it and now languishes in the basement? Tell all below.
Here's a kitchen gizmo that makes you wonder:
“Food for Thought” is a weekly KPLU feature covering the world of food as well as the thinking that goes into it. The feature is published here and airs on KPLU 88.5 every Wednesday during Morning Edition and All Things Considered.