Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Mon November 7, 2011
News for skiers: 7-day access to Hurricane Ridge ski area
PORT ANGELES, Wash. — Skiers and snowboarders will have 7-day-a-week access to the Hurricane Ridge area as Olympic National Park keeps the road plowed in the second year of a pilot program to promote more visitors.
The Peninsula Daily News reports Hurricane Ridge has had only a weekend-only schedule after Thanksgiving in the past.
Deputy Park Superintendent Todd Suess says the park has hired snow plow workers to keep the road clear, except after severe storms.
The Interior Department is providing $250,000 and about $75,000 was raised in community donations for the effort.
On the Web: