Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
News & Music Contributors
Wed February 1, 2012
New video sheds more light on dark side of the moon
Originally published on Wed February 1, 2012 3:35 pm
New video from NASA gives us a fresh view of the far side of the moon (or the technically incorrect but way cooler sounding "dark side").
It's from NASA's Gravity Recovery And Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) lunar spacecraft.
And just for the record, some news outlets have looked at the space agency's headline — "NASA Mission Returns First Video From Moon's Far Side" — and are reporting that this is the first time we've seen images from there. That's not correct. What NASA seems to have tried to say is that this is the first video of the far side from this mission.