Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Mon October 15, 2012
New Seattle basketball arena plan in play
Today is expected to be a significant day in the proposal for a new arena in Seattle to bring back an NBA team and host an NHL team.
The Seattle and King County councils are expected to give final approval to the plan to build the $490 million arena with $200 million in public help.
But the Longshore Union called a news conference to announce a lawsuit opposing developer Chris Hansen's preferred location in the area south of downtown Seattle, near the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums.
The union says another sports venue in the Sodo area will erode maritime and warehousing businesses and threaten the livelihood of union members and other workers.
Sports with Art Thiel
Seattle pro sports