Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Sun May 13, 2012
New releases by Northwest jazz talents
The Pacific Northwest is blessed with outstanding jazz talent from Portland to Vancouver, BC and this week on Jazz Northwest we'll feature some new releases by some of them. Former Seattle resident Dee Daniels now divides her time between New York and Vancouver, BC. This weekend she's featured at the Grand Opening of the new Bake's Place, Bellevue through Sunday. Human Spirit, with Thomas Marriott, Mark Taylor, Matt Jorgensen and guests Orrin Evans and Essiet Essiet has a new CD recorded at Tula's during last Fall's Earshot Festival.
The Todd Bishop Group from Portland has a new CD featuring some seldom heard music by Ornette Coleman, and we'll also hear the internationally-renown Amina Figarova Sextet, currently on a national tour which brings them to Seattle's Jazz Alley on Monday night. Inside tip: this highly polished unit plays a complimentary show in Seattle, but reservations are required. Call 206 441 9729.
Jazz Northwest is produced by Jim Wilke and heard Sunday afternoons at 1PM PDT exclusively on 88.5, KPLU. It is also available as a podcast following the air date.