Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Food For Thought
Wed February 2, 2011
New pie bakeries roll out in Seattle
The shrink-ray is insatiable. First it came for our donuts. Now it focuses on pies. These days you can get ‘em so small they should come with postage stamps instead of napkins.
Now, Nancy thinks that a pie the size of a 50 cent piece is just fine but my motto, in food as in power tools, is “Always get the big one.” Better to have it and not need it... right?
So, would you even bother with a pie the size of a Repo-Man’s heart? Or do you think size does matter?
“The meal is not over when I am full. The meal is over when I hate myself.” -- Louis CK
Nancy Leson's All You Can Eat Blog at The Seattle Times