Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Food For Thought
Wed February 2, 2011
New pie bakeries roll out in Seattle
The shrink-ray is insatiable. First it came for our donuts. Now it focuses on pies. These days you can get ‘em so small they should come with postage stamps instead of napkins.
Now, Nancy thinks that a pie the size of a 50 cent piece is just fine but my motto, in food as in power tools, is “Always get the big one.” Better to have it and not need it... right?
So, would you even bother with a pie the size of a Repo-Man’s heart? Or do you think size does matter?
“The meal is not over when I am full. The meal is over when I hate myself.” -- Louis CK
Nancy Leson's All You Can Eat Blog at The Seattle Times