Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu April 5, 2012
New information surfaces in Susan Powell case
New information has been found in the investigation of Susan Powell, the mom who disappeared from her home in Utah two years ago.
Her father-in-law called in sick to work right after her disappearance.
Steven Powell, of Puyallup, emailed his supervisor the day after Susan was reported missing to say he was going to miss work for a few days. His absence fell on the same day his son, Josh Powell, rented a car from the Salt Lake City Airport and drove 800 miles before returning it a few days later.
The Salt Lake City Tribune reports investigators would not comment on Steven Powell’s absence from work, but have said he is “absolutely” believed to be involved in her disappearance.
Josh Powell was named as a person of interest in the case, but police did not have enough evidence to press charges. Josh Powell killed himself and his two young sons two months ago (Feb. 5) by exploding his home in the Graham-area.