Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Neolithic cave art shows inventor of sandwich
The 18th century's John Montagu, Fourth Earl of Sandwich gets the credit, but as we now know the sandwich was probably invented no more than five or ten minutes after the appearance of bread.
A recent poll taken by my Food for Thought pard Nancy Leson showed that when it comes to sandwiches the Seattle area offers plenty of choice – and not a little controversy among serious sandwichistas.
In this Food for Thought we talk about that, and about our favorite sandwiches to make at home. As it turns out our tastes are pretty pedestrian. Cream cheese and olive for me, grilled cheese for Nancy.
How about you? Post below. And please try not to vilify those who disagree. Mere understated contempt is so much more effective.
"Enjoy every sandwich."
– Warren Zevon