Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
National group airs TV ad against Jay Inslee
OLYMPIA, Wash. — The Republican Governors Association has started airing its first television ad against Democrat Jay Inslee in Washington state, where the former U.S. representative is running for governor against Republican Attorney General Rob McKenna.
The 31-second ad criticizes the former U.S. representative for his votes while in Congress, including the $800 billion national stimulus package that was passed in 2009.
RGA spokesman Mike Schrimpf wouldn't reveal how much was spent to air the ad or how long it will run, other than to say that it would be running statewide. The seattlepi.com reported Wednesday that the RGA has bought $400,000 worth of time on KING-TV during the next week, and is also airing the spot on KIRO.