Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Wed November 9, 2011
NASA releases video of giant asteroid heading toward Earth
From Slate, NASA has released a short video (above) of the 1,300-foot-wide asteroid that came within 202,000 miles of Earth this week.
The video was made using radar data obtained by NASA's Goldstone Solar System Radar. At the time, the asteroid, known as Asteroid 2005 YU55, was roughly 860,000 miles away from Earth.
Asteroid "2011 MD" barely misses contact with Earth (VIDEO):