Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed December 19, 2012
Nancy Leson lukewarm on hot sake
I knew going in that I knew next to nothing about sake. As it turned out I didn't even know that much.
Never having had so much as one sip of the stuff, the one thing I thought I knew was that you drink it hot. In this week's Food for Thought Seattle Times food writer Nancy Leson sets me straight.
"It adds to our pleasure if, while chatting at our ease, we bring forth the wine cups."
– Yoshida Kenko, 1330