Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- 5 Things A Local Journalist Wishes He Knew Before His Wife's Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Why Jazz Fans Shouldn't Be So Quick To Dismiss Pop Music
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Mon June 10, 2013
Naked woman missing in SW Washington forest
Deputies are searching for a woman missing in a southwest Washington national forest who is naked because she was going on a spiritual quest.
Skamania County Undersheriff Dave Cox told The Columbian the 19-year-old Vancouver woman was wearing only a fanny pack with a compass and a knife about 5 p.m. Sunday when she left the Canyon Creek Campground in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
She was supposed to return that night. A friend reported her missing around midnight.
Cox says the weather in the area has been mild with overnight temperatures in the lower 50s