Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Sun April 29, 2012
Music from Esperanza Spalding & Hailey Niswanger
Jazz Northwest this week (4/29) features two outstanding young women originally from Portland who have new jazz CDs. They are Esperanza Spalding and Hailey Niswanger, both in their twenties. Esperanza Spalding sings and plays "City of Roses", a musical portrait of her hometown, There's also an unusual duo with Tom Varner, French horn, and Bill Anschell, piano from a recent concert, plus Chuck Deardorf, Chad McCullough and others. There's also updates about upcoming live jazz gigs around Seattle.
Jazz Northwest is heard each Sunday at 1 for on 88.5, KPLU. The program is produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for KPLU and is also available as a podcast at kplu.org after the airdate.