Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Jazz & Blues
Sun January 6, 2013
Mundell Lowe - Mike Magnelli Quartet on Jazz Northwest
Guitarist Mundell Lowe played with Charlie Parker, Lester Young, and Billie Holiday among others, was a long-time staff musician at NBC and CBS in New York before moving West to write and play for movies, TV and recording studios. The 90 year old guitarist was in Seattle last Fall to play in a two-guitar quartet with Mike Magnelli during the Earshot Festival.
Two Seattle musicians, Chuck Kistler on bass and Milo Petersen on drums, joined the two guitarists for two nights at Tula's during the festival, and they recorded for Jazz Northwest on the second night. Highlights from that performance at Tula's aired on Sunday, January 6 at 2 PM Pacific on 88.5 KPLU.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program airs Sundays at 2 PM and is available as streaming podcast after the broadcast.