Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu August 18, 2011
Mow your lawn, or else, in Cosmopolis, Wash.
COSMOPOLIS, Wash. – The Cosmopolis City Council has passed a new law on lawns. The height limit is 8 inches.
The short grass ordinance takes effect Aug. 22. Offenders will have two weeks from receiving notice to mow. Otherwise they could be fined up to $200 a day.
If a shaggy lawn is not mowed in 30 days, the city may mow it and put a lien on the home for the cost.
KBKW reports Mayor Vickie Raines doesn't like the cutting ordinance. She says there are times when the city's own cemetery isn't mowed.