Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Wed October 5, 2011
Is mom to blame in Barefoot Bandit case?
EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — The mother of Colton Harris-Moore says she's not responsible for crimes committed in the Barefoot Bandit case but she'd take the blame if it gets him out of prison faster.
Pam Kohler of Camano Island told The Daily Herald she knows her drinking habits and questions about her parenting skills are detailed in reports prepared for his sentencing Dec. 9 in federal court in Seattle.
The 20-year-old pleaded guilty in June to federal charges related to an international crime spree that included dozens of burglaries and stealing cars, boats and five planes. He was arrested in July 2010 in the Bahamas.
Harris-Moore also is still facing more than 30 state charges in cases consolidated in Island County Superior Court at Coupeville.