Most Active Stories
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- Organic Milk More Nutritious than Regular Milk, WSU Study Finds
- The Life Of A First-Year Teacher, In Six Emotional Stages
- 5 Tips to Help You Look Better on Skype, FaceTime
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
News & Music Contributors
the search for susan powell
Sun May 26, 2013
Missing mom's diary foreshadows family tragedy
The lead police agency in the investigation of missing Utah mom Susan Powell has said for the first time that investigators believe Josh Powell played a role in killing his wife.
Newly released documents from the West Valley City Police Department show Susan Powell had a tumultuous relationship with her husband, Josh Powell.
Her journal entries reveal that her dreams of a happy marriage turned into fear. She considered fleeing with her two young boys, but her strong religious faith led her to believe she could save her young family.
She disappeared in 2009. She has never been found.
Her husband killed their two sons and himself in February 2012. A year later his brother Michael Powell, suspected of helping get rid of Susan Powell's body, killed himself.