Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- The Map Of Native American Tribes You've Never Seen Before
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- Tenants With Disabilities Filing Suit Over Sale Of Seattle Apartment Building
News & Music Contributors
the search for susan powell
Sun May 26, 2013
Missing mom's diary foreshadows family tragedy
The lead police agency in the investigation of missing Utah mom Susan Powell has said for the first time that investigators believe Josh Powell played a role in killing his wife.
Newly released documents from the West Valley City Police Department show Susan Powell had a tumultuous relationship with her husband, Josh Powell.
Her journal entries reveal that her dreams of a happy marriage turned into fear. She considered fleeing with her two young boys, but her strong religious faith led her to believe she could save her young family.
She disappeared in 2009. She has never been found.
Her husband killed their two sons and himself in February 2012. A year later his brother Michael Powell, suspected of helping get rid of Susan Powell's body, killed himself.