Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bellingham Store First To Open, Sell Legal Pot In Wash., Seattle Store Follows
- Where The First State-Licensed Pot Shops Are, And Why Some Will Wait To Open
- Get The Best Seats To 'Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!' Before They Go On Sale!
- Record Number Of King Co. Teens Pledging To Good Grades, Behavior For Free College
- King County Data Shows Heroin Deaths Among Young Adults On The Rise
News & Music Contributors
Mon March 26, 2012
McKenna challenges Inslee to 15 debates
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna has challenged his Democratic opponent Jay Inslee to 15 debates in the coming months. Inslee's campaign says they had already confirmed three so far.
But Inslee spokeswoman Jaime Smith said Monday that the former U.S. representative won't participate a June 12 Spokane debate sponsored by the Association of Washington Business. She says the organization had operated in bad faith by releasing a statement in January confirming the debate before the Inslee campaign agreed to it. The AWB has hosted gubernatorial debates since 1992.
Smith says that the campaign has already confirmed three: a Rotary club debate in Seattle in June, one sponsored by the Washington Clean Technology Alliance in August and another sponsored by the University of Washington-Tacoma and others in Tacoma in September.