Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Mon March 26, 2012
McKenna challenges Inslee to 15 debates
OLYMPIA, Wash. — Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna has challenged his Democratic opponent Jay Inslee to 15 debates in the coming months. Inslee's campaign says they had already confirmed three so far.
But Inslee spokeswoman Jaime Smith said Monday that the former U.S. representative won't participate a June 12 Spokane debate sponsored by the Association of Washington Business. She says the organization had operated in bad faith by releasing a statement in January confirming the debate before the Inslee campaign agreed to it. The AWB has hosted gubernatorial debates since 1992.
Smith says that the campaign has already confirmed three: a Rotary club debate in Seattle in June, one sponsored by the Washington Clean Technology Alliance in August and another sponsored by the University of Washington-Tacoma and others in Tacoma in September.