Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Fourth of July Fireworks
Tue April 9, 2013
Mayor reignites Seattle fireworks plans
Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn says the city may have a big fireworks display this Fourth of July after all.
McGinn says the city is working with the Seattle Metro Chamber of Commerce and Seafair on a sustainable fireworks plan.
He says he's optimistic there will be a display this year at Gasworks Park and hopes to announce details soon.
The organization producing the fireworks show announced this year's show won't happen because it wasn't able to raise $500,000 by the April 1 deadline.
The show is watched by hundreds of thousands of people around Lake Union or viewing on TV. Corporate sponsorship ended in 2010 and smaller businesses and individuals raised the needed money the past three years.