Most Active Stories
- Mass On Friday Snow Forecast: Latest Models Show 'This Front Is Coming'
- Why Washington State Was Named #1 Most Innovative State By Bloomberg
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
- Organic Milk More Nutritious than Regular Milk, WSU Study Finds
News & Music Contributors
Fri July 1, 2011
Mayor McGinn jumps into Twitter fight over child prostitution
There’s a Twitter war going on right now that has prompted Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn to write to Jim Larkin, the CEO of Village Voice which also owns the Seattle Weekly, regarding child sex trafficking. McGinn has also asked the Seattle Police Department to look into these allegations.
The Twitter battle is basically an assault on the Seattle Weekly based on claims that the periodical, as part of the Village Voice Media chain, publishes ads that put minors at risk of prostitution. Here’s the Weekly’s rebuttal to those claims.
The story now is that actor Ashton Kutcher has taken up the Twitter assault on the Weekly and other publications carrying these ads.