Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Marysville-Pilchuck High Student Kills 1, Injures 4 Before Taking Own Life
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
News & Music Contributors
Tue September 13, 2011
Man falls off Mount Rainier cliff as son watches
A 59-year-old man was taking pictures with his son on a cliff above waterfalls in Mount Rainier when he fell and died.
Mount Rainier National Park spokesman Kevin Bacher says rangers are working on recovering Roger Alan Wagner's body Tuesday morning.
Bacher says Wagner of Ocala, Florida was on cliff above Christine Falls around 7 p.m. Monday when he fell 40 feet into the water below. By the time rangers arrived at the scene, it was too dark to retrieve the body.
During the night, Wagner's body was swept over the 69-foot double falls, coming to rest 100 yards downstream.