Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Tue September 13, 2011
Man falls off Mount Rainier cliff as son watches
A 59-year-old man was taking pictures with his son on a cliff above waterfalls in Mount Rainier when he fell and died.
Mount Rainier National Park spokesman Kevin Bacher says rangers are working on recovering Roger Alan Wagner's body Tuesday morning.
Bacher says Wagner of Ocala, Florida was on cliff above Christine Falls around 7 p.m. Monday when he fell 40 feet into the water below. By the time rangers arrived at the scene, it was too dark to retrieve the body.
During the night, Wagner's body was swept over the 69-foot double falls, coming to rest 100 yards downstream.