Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed February 27, 2013
Make your own sourdough starter
I can't believe that Leson got that "natural" style starter to work. I've tried over and over again with no success. Her success encourages me. Maybe I'll try again.
I do have a rye starter I've used for years to make my NY deli rye bread but I made the starter with commercial yeast. It works fine but just for fun I'd like to do it the natural way.
"And malt does more than Milton can to justify God's ways to man."
– A.E. Housman