Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
News & Music Contributors
Sun November 18, 2012
Lorraine Feather featured on Jazz Northwest
So begins the biography of Lorraine Feather, who, after a career as actor, singer and lyricist in New York City and Los Angeles, now makes her home in the San Juan Islands of Washington State. She continues to work in LA studios for animated films and singing and acting. Her special skill as a lyricist are displayed in hip, witty, and socially relevant lyrics she sings on her eight CDs, the most recent of which reflects in part on her life in the San Juans, Tales of the Unusual (Jazzed Media). She's just completed a new one, due out shortly.
Joining her in this concert is Yellowjackets co-founder, Russell Ferrante on piano. He has been a frequent collaborator on original songs, some of which are included in this concert recorded last month at Tula's in Seattle as part of the annual Earshot Festival. Her stories setting up each song adds much to this performance.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke, exclusively for 88.5 KPLU. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org following the broadcast date.
For more info: