Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed December 7, 2011
Light winds allow counties to lift burn bans
The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency is lifting the burn bans for Pierce and Snohomish counties.
A high pressure system caused stagnant air conditions this week, keeping pollution close to the ground. But light winds forecast today and tomorrow are expected to improve air quality.
Officials say that even though the bans are lifted, it's always illegal to emit excess chimney smoke or to smoke out your neighbor. You know you're burning properly when you don't see any smoke coming from your chimney.
You can learn more about burn bans at the pscleanair.org.