Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Light winds allow counties to lift burn bans
The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency is lifting the burn bans for Pierce and Snohomish counties.
A high pressure system caused stagnant air conditions this week, keeping pollution close to the ground. But light winds forecast today and tomorrow are expected to improve air quality.
Officials say that even though the bans are lifted, it's always illegal to emit excess chimney smoke or to smoke out your neighbor. You know you're burning properly when you don't see any smoke coming from your chimney.
You can learn more about burn bans at the pscleanair.org.