Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Seattle Business Owners Turn To An Unlikely Source Of Consultants: UW Undergrads
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
News & Music Contributors
Wed June 22, 2011
Leopard cubs to make debut at Point Defiance Zoo
(Updated with new video)
The newborn clouded leopard cubs at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium will be available for public viewing this weekend, zoo officials say.
Chai Li, a female clouded leopard at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, gave birth to a litter of two cubs June 14. Staff members had been on a round-the-clock pregnancy watch of the 23-month-old clouded leopard.
This is Chai Li’s first litter. She and the cubs’ father, 23-month-old Nah Fun, were born at the Khao Kheow Open Zoo in Thailand and put together as a future breeding pair when they were five days old.
The cubs will make their public debut the following day Saturday with viewings every three hours during their feeding times (9 a.m., noon, 3 p.m., 5:45 p.m.). The official poll for the naming contest also will launch Friday, and votes can be cast through the zoo’s Facebook page and website.