Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
LeMay Car Museum displays history and art of autos
The new LeMay Car Museum in Tacoma is a dream come true for car lovers. But it’s also worth a visit if you’re into art. The color and shape of the vehicles is a feast for the eyes, and there’s art history too, if you consider such things as hood ornaments and how they’ve changed over time.
Listen to this week’s Artscape by clicking the listen button above to get the full picture.
On the Web:
- The LeMay Car Museum
- Tacoma Museum of Glass (three artists from the glass museum worked with John Miller to design and make the glass hood ornaments)
- John Miller (glass artist)