Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
News & Music Contributors
Mon June 11, 2012
LeMay Car Museum displays history and art of autos
The new LeMay Car Museum in Tacoma is a dream come true for car lovers. But it’s also worth a visit if you’re into art. The color and shape of the vehicles is a feast for the eyes, and there’s art history too, if you consider such things as hood ornaments and how they’ve changed over time.
Listen to this week’s Artscape by clicking the listen button above to get the full picture.
On the Web:
- The LeMay Car Museum
- Tacoma Museum of Glass (three artists from the glass museum worked with John Miller to design and make the glass hood ornaments)
- John Miller (glass artist)