Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Thu December 27, 2012
A Latin Jazz New Year's Eve
There's nothing quite like a Latin Jazz celebration of any occasion. It's the ultimate party music! If you're in Seattle, WA or in Oakland, CA, you can spend New Year's Eve with one of the masters of the Latin groove:
Poncho Sanchez Latin Jazz Band at Jazz Alley, Seattle
Multiple Grammy award winner, and this year's Lifetime Achievement Award recipient from the Latin Grammys, Poncho and his band mix jazz, latin and soul for a tasty and dance-able feast.
Pete Escovedo & Sons Latin Jazz Orchestra at Yoshi's, Oakland
Pete Escovedo has been a major force in Latin music since the late 1960's, and his band features some of the finest players on the West coast, including members of his endlessly talented family.
Happy New Year! Stay tuned for more great Latin Jazz in 2013 on Jazz Caliente, Thursdays at 2pm on KPLU's Mid Day Jazz!