Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue November 29, 2011
Lariviere firing sparks outrage on U of O campus
Hundreds of students and faculty crowded together on the University of Oregon campus Tuesday to express their anger and frustration over the firing of President Richard Lariviere.
"The people, united, will never be divided."
Last night, the Oregon board of higher education, led by Chancellor George Pernsteiner, gave president Lariviere his "30-day notice" sparking outrage among the university community.
At the campus rally, state representative Phil Barnhart said he plans to introduce legislation in February to set up the independent education board that Lariviere envisioned.
"I think that it is very likely that my Persinger will be the last chancellor of the board of higher education. I think it is possible that the current board will be the last board of higher education in Oregon."
Lariviere's last day will be December 28th.
Copyright 2011 KLCC.