Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Tue September 14, 2010
Kyle Eastwood Quintet live on KPLU
As the son of actor/director/jazz fan, Clint Eastwood, Kyle Eastwood grew up listening to jazz. In this performance-interview hosted by Abe Beeson, Kyle talks about a childhood trip to The Monterey Jazz Festival and how hearing the Count Basie Big Band that day inspired him to become a bass player.
For the past few years, Eastwood’s home base has been in France. He and Abe discuss the differences between European and America music listeners … and how living in Europe has influenced Kyle’s music composition.
Eastwood wrote all three songs that are performed in this session. Marciac and Andalucia are from an as-yet-untitled CD that will be released in the near future. Song For You is included on his most recent release, Metropolitain.