Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
KPLU station news
Tue March 6, 2012
KPLU’S West Seattle frequency moving to 92.1 FM
KPLU’s long-time translator serving West Seattle listeners at 88.1 FM is moving its frequency to 92.1 FM, effective March 14, 2012.
The move was necessitated by a new station licensed to Ocean Park, Wash., that signed on at 88.1 FM in December 2011. At that time, KPLU submitted a license application to the FCC to move its West Seattle signal to a new frequency, which was granted in February 2012.
Because of terrain and distance, some KPLU West Seattle listeners are able to hear the station at its main frequency of 88.5 FM. KPLU is advising listeners who have difficulty hearing the station at 92.1 FM to try listening at 88.5 FM, or online at www.kplu.org.
KPLU encourages listener feedback at 800-677-5758 or email@example.com.