Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Marysville-Pilchuck High Student Kills 1, Injures 4 Before Taking Own Life
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
News & Music Contributors
Fri September 2, 2011
Kitsap teacher charged with voyeurism, images on camera
BREMERTON, Wash. — A Central Kitsap School District teacher has been charged with voyeurism following an investigation that began when he was caught taking suspicious photos of women and girls last month at the Kitsap County Fair.
The Kitsap Sun reports 44-year-old Sean Steven Johnson appeared in district court Thursday and is jailed with bail set at $100,000. Court documents say investigators who searched his camera found nearly 1,200 pictures of women and girls, including some taken under tables and bleachers.
The school district says Johnson has been an elementary teacher since 1999 and is now on paid leave.