Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Fri November 4, 2011
King County Elections Director invited to explain unmailed ballots
The county’s election director, Sherril Huff, has been invited to the Metropolitan King County Council’s Committee of the Whole on Monday to talk about 11,000 unmailed ballots, the council reports in a press release.
According to the council: On Friday, Oct. 28, the Elections Department announced that it had failed to mail 11,000 ballots to Eastside voters. Elections called the error a “technical problem” that they were made aware of only after receiving numerous calls from certain Eastside communities.
So, stay tuned.
The meeting is Monday, Nov. 7, at 9:30 a.m. in County Council Chambers, King County Courthouse, 10th floor. It will be carried LIVE on King County TV, seen on Comcast and Broadstripe Cable Channel 22.