Most Active Stories
- Why Washington State Was Named #1 Most Innovative State By Bloomberg
- Mass On Friday Snow Forecast: Latest Models Show 'This Front Is Coming'
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- Cookies, Including What Nancy Leson Calls The 'Best Shortbread Evah!'
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
News & Music Contributors
KPLU Studio Sessions
Tue February 7, 2012
Kim Wilson delivers a blues smackdown in the KPLU studios
Blues singer and harmonica player, Kim Wilson, thinks it’s very healthy for people to drop their emotional guard every now and then and let themselves get smacked around by a great blues performance.
And he should know. He’s been doing a fair amount of the smacking for almost 40 years with his bands, The Fabulous Thunderbirds and (more recently) The Kim Wilson Blues All-Stars.
In this studio session, Wilson goes three rounds with blues, accompanied by two of his All-Stars; guitarist, Kirk Fletcher and pianist, Barrelhouse Chuck.
They go toe-to-toe with two old blues classics, "Bad Boy" by Eddie Taylor, and "That's Alright" by Jimmy Rogers. They then deliver the knockout punch with one of those spontaneous jams that just seem to happen when three talented friends are having a ball playing the blues together.
You can watch and listen to the entire performance above!