Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Kalebu guilty of murder, rape
A man accused in the sexual assault and stabbing of a lesbian couple in their Seattle home has been found guilty of aggravated murder, attempted murder, rape and burglary.
A King County County Superior Court jury convicted Isaiah Kalebu on Friday, two days after jurors began deliberations.
The 25-year-old faces life in prison for the July 2009 attack that killed Teresa Butz and injured her partner in Seattle's South Park neighborhood.
Kalebu was accused of slipping into the couple's home and repeatedly raping and stabbing them during a two-hour attack. Butz died naked and blood-soaked in the street in front of her home as neighbors tried to help.
Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty due to Kalebu's history of mental illness.