Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Thu June 26, 2014
Justin Kauflin: A Pianist And His Mentor
Justin Kauflin is a 23-year-old jazz pianist who is also one of the subjects of a new documentary film called Keep On Keepin’ On.
The other subject of the film is Justin’s musical and spiritual mentor, jazz trumpet legend, Clark Terry. Kauflin has been a musician since childhood. He’s also been blind since age 11. The film deals with Justin’s apprenticeship and friendship with the 93-year-old Terry.
Justin accompanied the film to Seattle for a showing at the Seattle International Film Festival. He was kind enough to take the time to visit our Seattle performance studio for a solo piano session hosted by KPLU’s Abe Beeson.
You can also find our Studio Sessions available as a video podcast in iTunes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kplu-studio-sessions-video/id657517777
Jazz and Blues
Jazz & Blues