Most Active Stories
- Why Washington State Was Named #1 Most Innovative State By Bloomberg
- Mass On Friday Snow Forecast: Latest Models Show 'This Front Is Coming'
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
- Woman Who Got Secret Santa Gift From Bill Gates: Sorry About The iPad On My Wishlist
News & Music Contributors
Tue January 24, 2012
Jon Kitna hopes to coach at high school in Tacoma, Wash.
TACOMA, Wash. — After 15 years as an NFL quarterback, Jon Kitna hopes to return to his old high school in Tacoma as a coach.
The News Tribune reports he started Monday as a math teacher at his alma mater Lincoln High and applied for the open job of football coach. Athletic director Char Davenport said there were no other applicants and the position closes on Wednesday.
The 39-year-old Kitna received his math education degree at Central Washington University and played for NFL teams in Seattle, Cincinnati, Detroit and Dallas.