Join Nancy Leson And KPLU Listeners In San Francisco This March!
KPLU is excited to announce our first listener trip of the year, which you won't want to miss: “A Taste of San Francisco”—a jazz, food and art lover’s trip to the City by the Bay (and home of Rice-a-Roni), March 20-23, 2014—with special guest, KPLU's Food for Thought commentator Nancy Leson. The trip features Wynton Marsalis in concert at the new, state-of-the-art SFJAZZ Center, culinary tours, and a visit to the renowned de Young Museum.
- Three nights at the 4-star Argonaut Boutique Hotel near Ghirardelli Square.
- Tickets to see the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis at the SFJAZZ Center including a special pre-concert wine reception and tour of the facilities.
- A private loft concert-- wine and appetizers included-- with the Anton Schwartz Quartet.
- Tour of the waterfront farmers market with tastings of local cheeses, breads and chocolates.
- Culinary walking tour highlighting the North Beach neighborhood.
- Private, docent-led tours of the de Young Museum with tickets to the Georgia O’Keeffe exhibit.
- Opportunities to explore San Francisco on your own.
- Welcome wine reception upon arrival and multi-course dinner on March 20, breakfast daily and dim sum brunch on March 23.
More detailed information is available at Earthbound Expeditions’ website, where you can book your reservation. If you have questions, please call 206-842-9775 or toll-free at 800-723-8454. We hope you can join us!